Registration, Venue, Hotel and Travel Information
The EITA-New Materials 2017 is a free event, no charge. Registration for the event is not yet open.
Two ways to register:
- Online Conference Registration: please click the following link to register: Start Registration.
- Conference Registration (E-mail): Please complete attendee information (Full Name, Affiliation, Phone Number, and E-mail) and send in. Please send your registration information to: firstname.lastname@example.org (The deadline is <TBD>).
Insurance: Participants are advised to arrange adequate travel and health insurance themselves.
Conference Room Assignments:The EITA-New Materials 2017 will be held at [Rooms: TBD], the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor (U-M Ann Arbor), Michigan, U.S.A. (Address: TBD).
Note: Food and beverages are NOT permitted in our classroom space.
The University of Michigan, Ann Arbor (U-M Ann Arbor) Time Zone:
- Ann Arbor, Michigan, is on Eastern Time (same time as the East Coast) throughout the year.
- Current Local Time in Ann Arbor, Michigan, U.S.A.
U-M Ann Arbor Wireless or Wi-Fi Internet Access
To use a WiFi network provided by U-M Ann Arbor ITS, choose one of the following:
- MWireless: MWireless is the most secure WiFi network and should be used by all U-M faculty, staff, students and sponsored guests. Before using the service take a few minutes to configure settings on your WiFi device.
- MGuest: MGuest is provided for University of Michigan visitors. It is open and insecure, no encryption is provided by the network. It is a limited network and is treated like a non-UM network. It is available where MWireless is available.
- eduroam: eduroam is a secured WiFi network service that allows students, staff, and faculty to use their home institution's WiFi credentials to access WiFi network services when visiting other eduroam participating institutions—without having to set up a guest account.
What wireless services are available to guests?
Wireless connections for guests and visitors of MIT are available through the MGuest network. This network does not require authentication, is not encrypted, and is not intended to access internal resources.
To help you plan your visit to U-M Ann Arbor, we have prepared the following list of hotels.
Recommended Conference Hotels
The following are the recommended conference hotels (closest to U-M Ann Arbor Campus):
Blake Transit Center
|Graduate Ann Arbor
||615 East Huron Street
Ann Arbor, MI 48104
|Room Type (with two Queen Beds): Graduate Queen-Queen: US $163.00/night + taxes
Room Type (with one King Bed): Graduate King: US $163.00/night + taxes
Cut off Date: May 15, 2017
Booking Website: EIT063017
Group Block: EIT063017
Parking Fee: $25/day (Valet Only)
|June 30, 2017 -
July 2, 2017
|0.5 miles (directions)|
Note 1: Graduate Hotel in Ann Arbor is located across the street from the University of Michigan campus and adjacent to Blake Transit Center (0.5 miles, directoions). The hotel is right at the corner of Huron and State streets amid the bustle of the town’s best restaurants, shops and game day buzz.
Note 2: The Cut Off Date: May 15, 2017. The early bird registration ends. Higher fees applicable after that date.
Additional Hotel Options:
If you are unable to find availability at the recommended conference hotels, check out listing of additional U-M Ann Arbor Hotel Accommodations near Campus that may have limited availability over the conference date.
Getting to U-M Ann Arbor Campus
U-M Ann Arbor is easy to reach by public transportation or by car. The closest and most conveniently accessed international airport is Detroit Metropolitan International Airport (DTW). Please click on the link: Maps, Directions, and Transportation - University of Michigan, Ann Arbor for more detailed information.
U-M Ann Arbor is easily accessible by train. Many people will take the Amtrak train to/from Chicago instead of driving or flying. The Amtrak train station is on Depot Street (Address: 325 Depot Street, Ann Arbor, MI 48104) (see directions) about a mile away from the Michigan Union on Central Campus and about 2 miles from North Campus. Trains operate 24 hours a day and many cabs wait for passengers in case a ride is needed. Amtrak recommends that you call their toll free number (800 872–7245) for route and price information.
From the Amtrak station to the Michigan Union
When you exit the Amtrak Station, you are on Depot Street. Turn left on Depot (it will turn into Fuller Road) and go about two blocks. Take a right on North State Street. Go about one mile. The Michigan Union is on your right.
From the Amtrak station to Graduate Ann Arbor
The train station is about 0.6 mile away (about 12-minute walk) from Graduate Ann Arbor (see directions).
Detroit Metropolitan International Airport (DTW)
A. To and From the DTW Airport
Detroit Metropolitan International Airport (DTW) is only 20 miles from Ann Arbor, about a 45 minute drive (at the most). Remember though, the airlines suggest arriving at least 2 hours before your flight! Major hubs are: Delta, Spirit, and US Air among others. For more information, call 734-AIR–PORT(247–7678).
To get to the airport, you can use AirRide, which is available for transportation to the airport from Ann Arbor. This shuttle runs 13 times during the day and picks up at Blake Transit Center (address: 328 S. Fifth Ave, Ann Arbor, MI 48104) and the Kensington Court Hotel. A one way ticket on AirRide is $15, however, if a reservation is made in advance the fare is reduced to $12. Get more info & make reservations at MyAirRide.com.
B. The AirRide Picks Up and Drops Off
In Ann Arbor
Blake Transit Center (BTC)
328 S. Fifth Avenue
Ann Arbor, MI 48104
At Detroit Metro Airport (DTW)
- Pickups and drop-offs are at the south end of the Ground Transportation Center.
- Passengers with a disability or those needing extra time may also choose to be dropped off at the Departures Level curb by the Air France entrance, and picked up at Door 402 of the Ground Transportation Center indoor waiting area.
At Ground Transportation Center
AirRide picks up and drops off at the north end of the Ground Transportation Center of North Terminal at Stall #1 (and at Stall #5 for passengers with a disability or those needing extra time or assistance), through the double sliding glass doors marked "Public Transit."
C. Ground Transportation between the DTW Airport and Ann Arbor
The AirRide: $15 per one-way trip | Schedule .
There are two bus-stops for this service in Ann Arbor
- Blake Transit Center (in downtown Ann Arbor) is convenient for those staying in Graduate Ann Arbor (directions) or near Central Campus: map of the bus stop.
- Kensington Court (in the Briarwood Mall area) is convenient for those staying in Hampton Inn South, Sheraton and other hotels in the area: map of the bus stop.
Shuttles and Taxi Cab Companies:
The costs are comparable and about $50 per one-way trip between Ann Arbor and the DTW airport.
- Amazing Blue Taxi: +1.734.846.0007 | web site
- Detroit Metro Airport Cabs: +1.800.505.3161 | web site
- Stadium Taxi: +1.734.695.0800 | web site
Notes: If you are planning to use the AirRide or shuttle services, it is highly recommended that you book in advance! Taxi cabs are available at the airport but you should book your return trip in advance. Ann Arbor is a small town and you cannot rely on catching a cab in short order without reservation.