Welcome to EITA-YIC 2011
The First Annual EITA Young Investigator Conference
"Leadership, Innovation, Growth"
Maxwell Dworkin Building
School of Engineering and Applied Science (SEAS)
Cambridge, MA, U.S.A.
Thursday-Friday, August 18-19, 2011
The first annual EITA Young Investigator Conference (the EITA-YIC 2011) is a new international forum, coordinated by the Emerging Information and Technology Association (EITA). It will be held on Thursday-Friday, August 18-19, 2011 at the Maxwell Dworkin Building, SEAS, Harvard University, Cambridge, MA, U.S.A.. The conference theme of the EITA-YIC 2011 is "Leadership, Innovation, Growth". Please visit the website at http://www.eitc.org/ for more conference details.
The main purpose of the new EITA-YIC Forum is designed to aid the career development and shape the career plans of promising young investigators in emerging technologies and services.
The new EITA-YIC Forum will provide an opportunity for collegial interaction with senior faculty members and investigators having successful careers across the broad spectrum of emerging technology and services research.
There is a projected future shortage of emerging technology and services researchers, and research funding is difficult to obtain. This retreat is aimed at providing guidance, tactics and strategies to help improve the chances of achieving a successful career in emerging technology and services research. The aims are:
- To provide young investigators with a friendly and constructive atmosphere in order to present their research and learn from each other.
- To foster the pursuit of research in emerging technologies and services by young investigators.
- To disseminate vital information required for pursuing a career in research.
- To meet, network with senior faculty members and investigators, and to establish extramural research mentorship.
- To enable young investigators to contribute to the development of emerging technologies and services.
Definition of Young Investigator: active basic, applied, theoretical, and experimental research, ideally less than 10 years working in emerging technologies and services.
The scope of the two-day conference includes, but is not limited to, the following major topics as they relate to the research and development aspects of Emerging Technologies and Services.
Day 1 (EITA-YIC 2011): Emerging Science and Technology:
- Medicine, Public Health, Biotechnology, Bioinformatics
- New Green Energy/Environment/Sustainability
- New Materials Science and Engineering, Nanotechnology
- C4I: Broadband Technologies and Multimedia Services, Cloud Computing and Cyber Security
Note: C4I: Content, Computer, Communication, Consumer Electronics, and Integration
Day 2 (EITA-New Nedia 2011): New Media and Creative Industries:
- Digital Media, Culture, and Technology
- New Media, Web, and Entertainment
The Technical Program includes a wide range of interesting and useful activities designed to facilitate the exchange of ideas and information.
- Keynote Speakers
- Invited Panels/Speakers
- Corporate Showcases & Demonstrations
Accepted papers will be published in the Proceedings (CD-ROM formats) as well as on the EITA-YIC 2011 website. You may download the Proceedings through the Internet. These proceedings serve as major sources in the global high-tech community, reflecting the current state of the art in the disciplines.