Welcome to EITA-YIC 2015
The 4th EITA Young Investigator Conference
"Leadership, Innovation, Growth"
The Maclaurin Buildings
Massachusetts Institute of Technology
Cambridge, MA, U.S.A.
Thursday and Friday, August 6 and 7, 2015
The 4th EITA Young Investigator Conference (EITA-YIC 2015) is an international forum, coordinated by the Emerging Information and Technology Association (EITA). It will be held on Thursday and Friday, August 6 and 7, 2015 at the Maclaurin Buildings, Massachusetts Institute of Technology. The conference theme of the EITA-YIC 2015 is "Leadership, Innovation, Growth". Please visit the EITA-YIC 2015 website for more conference details.
The main purpose of the EITA YIC Forum is designed to aid the career development and shape the career plans of promising young investigators and entrepreneurs in emerging technologies and services.
The EITA YIC Forum will provide an opportunity for collegial interaction with senior faculty members and investigators having successful careers across the broad spectrum of emerging technology and services research.
There is a projected future shortage of emerging technology and services researchers, and research funding is difficult to obtain. This retreat is aimed at providing guidance, tactics and strategies to help improve the chances of achieving a successful career in emerging technology and services research. The aims are:
- To provide young investigators with a friendly and constructive atmosphere in order to present their research and learn from each other.
- To foster the pursuit of research in emerging technologies and services by young investigators.
- To disseminate vital information required for pursuing a career in research and entrepreneurship.
- To meet, network with senior faculty members and investigators, and to establish extramural research mentorship.
- To enable young investigators to contribute to the development of emerging technologies and services.
Definition of Young Investigator: active basic, applied, theoretical, and experimental research, ideally less than 10 years working in emerging technologies and services.
The EITA-YIC 2015 consists of three parallel workshops:
- Workshop 1 (W1): Business Venture and Research, In Silico Research, Big Data and Analytics, Machine Learning, and Data Science
- Workshop 2 (W2): Bio-Materials, Bio-SoC, Bio-Nanotech, Bio-NEMS/Bio-MEMS, and Biomedical Sciences and Engineering
- Workshop 3 (W3): Electronic, Photonic, and Magnetic Materials, Organic Polymer and Soft Materials, Ceramic Materials, Metallurgy and Materials, Nanotechnology, Clean Energy and Water Purification Technology
Possible Workshop Topics
The EITA-YIC 2015 is structured around a number of sub-themes that include -but are not limited to, the following topics:
- Click here for the biomedical research possible workshop topics.
- Click here for the new materials and new green energy possible workshop topics.
- Click here for the business venture and research possible workshop topics.
- Click here for the new media possible workshop topics.
- Click here for the theme of the EITA-New Green Energy.
- Click here for the theme of biomedical research.
- Click here for the theme of smart cities forum.
as they relate to the research and development aspects of Medicine, Life Sciences, Biomedical Science and Engineering, New Materials, New Media, Business and Management, etc.. The long lists are not meant to be all-inclusive. Rather, they should be used to stimulate and encourage other ideas and possibilities.
The Technical Program includes a wide range of interesting and useful activities designed to facilitate the exchange of ideas and information.
- Keynote Speakers
- Invited Panels/Speakers
- Corporate Showcases & Demonstrations
Accepted papers (invited talks only) will be published in the Proceedings (CD-ROM formats) as well as on the EITA-YIC 2015 website. You may download the Proceedings through the Internet. These proceedings serve as major sources in the global high-tech community, reflecting the current state of the art in the disciplines.